The Sound of the Soul


When you hear the word music, what do you think of? Is it rock and roll or classical? Do you think of piano lessons as a kid or your favorite band?

Music is an amazing thing. It can transfer emotion, bring people together, or help you feel closer to the Lord. When I think of music, I think of calming church music, and a peaceful and joyful feeling.

Music can be many things, can portray many things. It can heal broken hearts and sooth hurting souls. It can reach across across social and even language boundaries.

From singing hymns at church to practicing musical instruments, music has been part of my life for as long as I can remember. I love playing musical instruments. I've played a bit of everything, from the piano to the ukulele. 

When you think of ukulele you probably think of a tropical island like Hawaii. The ukulele is an amazing instrument and it's so unique! I've only been playing it for a few months but it is so fun to play!

The piano is also very fun to play, and it's a very versatile instrument. You can play anything from Mozart to the theme song of your favorite TV show on it. As long as you have the skill, almost anything is possible!

I was reading a story about my great great grandmother, Lettie Jensen. A large portion of the story was devoted to her love of music. She always liked playing musical instruments, from the mandolin to the organ. I loved that! My ancestor loved music just like me. 

Now, I might not have the skill to play Mozart or Batch but I still love playing music and I will continue to for the rest of my life, just like my ancestors did. And like almost everything else, playing ukulele and piano is way more fun when you're barefoot. 

-The Barefoot Gal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why become a homeschooler?

My Inspiration